|Brigham Young Monument|
Salt Lake City, Utah
(from Wikimedia Commons)
|Map of the Proposed State of Deseret (1849-1850)|
(from Encyclopedia of Mormonism, Vol. 1, "Deseret, State of")
- Stanley Vestal, Jim Bridger, Mountain Man, p. 64. (Some scholars claim Etienne Provost was the first white man to see the Great Salt Lake.)
- Church History in the Fulness of Times, chapter 26.
- “Deseret” is a word from the Book of Mormon meaning honeybee, a symbol of work and industry (see Ether 2:3.)
- Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons).
- Church History in the Fulness of Times, chapter 27.
- Wheeler, pp. 333-34.
- James Gemmell obituary, The Dillon Tribune, April 9, 1881.
- Hardin, “Sheridan’s James Gemmell”.
- Baptism and ordination dates found by Weeks & Haslam research into early Church records, recorded in a letter to Raymond Gammell, dated 10 Oct 1973.
- Journal History of the Church, Church History Library Archives, Salt Lake City.
- Journal History of the Church.