Click on this image to order the book

Click on this image to order the book
The book version of James Gammell's life story is now available. Click on this image.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Note from a Gemmell/Garrity Cousin

September 25, 2010

Hello Liz,
My name is Catherine Hutchens Hall.  James Gemmell is my great great grandfather.  My grandmother is Lucille Garrity, the daughter of Virginia Gemmell and William Garrity.  Virginia is the daughter of James Gemmell and Susan Mariah Brown.

I found your blog, and I actually started to cry.  I've been wanting to do research on the Gemmells for a long time.  My father was an only child, so we never got to know anyone on this side of the family.  All these years I thought my father came from a small family.  Boy was I wrong!

Love the site and I've sent it on to my father, George Hutchens.  I know he will appreciate it very much.

Looking forward to hearing more about the family.  If there is any information that you would like me to send, let me know.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Sincerely,
Cathy Hall
Cranbrook, BC, Canada

P.S.  I find it interesting that James lived in Canada for a time.  Of course, now my husband's family says I was meant to be Canadian :)

Note by Liz:
Cathy will send some photos.  I'll post them soon.  I was happy to send Cathy a copy of a letter dated February 1955 that was sent to my dad, Raymond W. Gammell, by Cathy's grandmother Lucille Garrity Hutchens of Anaconda, Montana.  Cathy provided a list of Virginia Gemmell's descendants.  (See February 2010 post "The Descendants of James Gammell or Gemmell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment